Before our Big Sur expedition, my husband and I stayed in San Francisco a few days. We stayed at a wonderful boutique hotel called Hotel Vitale (HV)which was right across the street from the EMBARCADERO. We chose this hotel because of it’s sleek style and because it is a pet friendly hotel.The hotel restaurant served wonderful food that accommodated our vegetarianism and it had outdoor seating allowing one to enjoy the famous California weather and people watching.
we toured The Haight (primary site for Summer of Love 1967) and ate at Red Victorian,
we made a point to check out the infamous VESUVIO bar where I met Einstein’s twin brother and I swear I saw the papa Vampire there in a corner (completely decked out in a black waistcoat, ruffled white shirt, tall black boots, and of course, the black top hat and black round sunglasses, but I was too nervous to ask for a photo.
We rode the ferry to Sausalito and visited the yacht club, we saw the Row Houses.
I wouldn’t be a true fashion blogger if i didn’t mention how sad it was to see the old Levi Strauss factory on Battery Street. It gave me a real sense of doom to witness with my own eyes how our country (government and people alike) have sold out to “cheap” and “made in China” while at the same time devastatingly damaging our culture, our economy, and our manufacturing world. Originality and fine dressing has now sold out to H&M and Target and Walmart. I apologize for the rant, and I shop it all the aforementioned stores, but it makes me sad to see first hand the changes.
Enough blah, blah!
HERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT SAN FRANCISCO.
- The city was originally called YEARBA BUENA, spanish meaning” good grass“. What kinda grass do you think they meant?
- SF is the 4th richest city in the WORLD…#1 is New York, #2 is Moscow, and #3 is London.
- SF has the largest CHINESE community outside of China.
- Denim Blue Jeans were invented in SF primarily for the use of the Gold Rush miners.
- The Godfather trilogy was written in SF and Al Capone spent 5 years at Alcatraz (which is viewable from the shore).
- The Chinese Fortune Cookie was invented in San Francisco by Makato Hagiwara.